Monday, January 26, 2009

Missouri Evangelism

Everywhere I look, I see Missouri Baptists. They are all over our building for our annual MBC Evangelism Conference. Nationally known speakers are heading this way: Thom Rainer, Joe White, Steve Hale, Jennifer Kennedy Dean, plus others. If the weather turns nasty, and someone can’t make it, yours truly is the substitute preacher. I have a sermon in my Bible ready to go. I know that surprises you.

Please pray for our family. Lilly Ruth continues to battle croup. She’s so petite and pretty. It hurts me to see her hurting. Caleb continues to feel discomfort in his side. It makes me sad to see my lively grandson lethargic.

Missions is the agenda this week. Please set aside this coming weekend to take part in the festivities. Also ask God to deal with you directly about missions.

Humor helps. A National Oatmeal Month tip. For day trips, pack an oatmeal poultice. Put oatmeal in an old clean sock for the travel kit. When rash strikes or insects bite, soak the oatmeal sock in water. Apply as a cooling pack to provide relief. Repeat as needed. Take along oatmeal cookies, take a well-earned cookie break, and celebrate National Oatmeal Month. (No, I’m not making this up; it was downloaded off an internet site devoted to the promotion of oats. No kidding.)