Friday, January 30, 2009

Around the World

Last night I moved from China to India to Puerto Vallarta MX and to Senegal West Africa in two hours. Tonight I will traverse the world. In the morning I will journey to Idaho, Saltillo MX, Chicago, and Rockaway Beach MO. I will do all this traveling, yet never change my location. It’s all taking place within the walls of Second Baptist Church this weekend. I love our Global Impact Celebration.

In all the bad weather this week, we’ve had only one injury, as far as we know. My faithful and much respected Assistant, Angie, fell Monday afternoon on the ice and wrenched the muscle that connects her hipbone to her leg bone. She has been in a lot of pain. Healing is going to take a while. We miss her. She and I have been laboring side by side for thirteen years. Please pray for her. Thank you.

Humor helps. Reasons to eat oats in National Oats Month. Its natural nutty flavor (huh?). It contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Quaker Oats needs your money (I made this one up). Significant health benefits. Soft (easy on teeth). Improves cholesterol levels. (That’s about it, as best I can tell.)