Saturday, January 17, 2009

Impartial Observations

Grand grandkids, I kid you not, are what I have. Caleb received straight A’s at Grace Classical Academy, Sam is doing well, Ian received rave reviews at his parent/teacher conference, Lilly Ruth is perfect. This update is brought to you by a totally impartial observer.

Can you imagine the problems inherent in trying to maintain a double identity, one of each being a secret to all others? Lois Lane loved Superman, but ridiculed Clark Kent. Lana Lang preferred Clark Kent over Superman. Both those ladies were headed for a rude awakening. I can relate to their danger.

I have learned Jake and Millie are not really Jake and Millie. Jake is actually Jacob. Millie is really Millicent. Milli–what!! Research has taught me Millicent was an elephant popular in children’s literature. This means the two dogs who took over my back yard and became the stars of this blog have a clandestine existence. One is named for a Bible hero, the other for an elephant. Neither seems to be hurt or seized by guilt over the fact they led me astray for a whole year.