Friday, January 23, 2009

Gargantuan Garage Sale

Ruth is working today and tomorrow at Remingtons for the Victory Mission garage sale. I decided I would take her a milkshake and see how sale plans were progressing. When I walked in, the sight took my breath away. It looks like a Wal-mart in there. No kidding. I’ve never in my whole life seen that much stuff voluntarily donated in one place. If you want it, I think we probably have it at Remingtons. The garage sale is tomorrow, 7 a.m. till 3 p.m. Bargains will be the theme of the day. Victory Mission and the homeless will be the beneficiaries.

Last night all the grandchildren came over. Heaven. As Ian was kissing his mom’s hand, he asked, “Momma, why do mommas like kisses so much?” That will make your heart melt. I knew I had been spending too much time at church lately when Ruth asked me where the remote was, and instead of saying on the coffee table, I said on the Lord’s Supper table. Not good.

Humor helps. National Oatmeal Month ideas. No kidding. Cleanse skin with an oatmeal scrub. It’s a natural way to get rid of dead skin cells and exfoliate (huh?) hands and face. The oatmeal relieves itchy skin and protects against dryness. (Now my son will know what to do with the last bites of oatmeal he can’t force himself to swallow. He can rub them on his face.)