Monday, April 13, 2009

Comforting The Dogs

We broke the bad news to Jake and Millie as gently as we could. We told them they would not be moving to the White House. Another canine has been chosen as First Dog. It’s sad. I’m not sure how Sophie took the news. Amanda will have to comfort her. Congratulations, Bo. I had never heard of a Portuguese Water Dog. Google has some pretty pictures of them.

Almost 4000 of us were here yesterday morning. The music and sermons presented a clear, clarion message about Jesus being our crucified Savior and our Resurrected Lord. No one could have left saying they had not heard the Gospel.

Kevin Hawkins received standing ovations yesterday each time we announced we will be voting on him to become our Minister of Music. The vote on Kevin may be the most superfluous vote in our church’s history, but it has to be taken to make everything official. I am grateful for Kevin. We’re going to have a lot of good years together.

Humor helps. At age 57, I’m sure everything I can’t find is in a secure place, I’m realizing aging is not for sissies, I can’t remember what else I meant to type here.