Sunday, April 26, 2009

Extended Family

My cousin’s wedding was precious. About 53 members of my family attended. I saw people I hadn’t seen in 15 years, and was introduced to children I had never met. I grew up surrounded by extended family. I regret my adult years put distance between them and me. I miss them.

We are considering buying the empty lot across the street west of our church. I have for years eyed that piece of property. Maybe the Lord has favored us with it. If deacons okay it at their meeting May 3, we will vote as a church on May 6.

Ruth has bronchitis. She went to Urgent Care this afternoon. The doctor sent her home with a prescription. Pray for her. When she is sick, my whole world is sad.

Interesting weather tidbits. Based on temperature variation, precipitation, and sever weather, the USA city with least weather variety is San Francisco. The city with most weather variety is Springfield MO. I was in both cities last week. Springfield ranked number five on the top 10 tornado prone cities. Kansas City is the worst city for allergies; St. Louis ranked seventh on this list. I’m surprised Springfield didn’t make the worst allergy list. It’s been giving me fits this year. I need a hard freeze.