Thursday, April 2, 2009

Star Wars Theology

Today I took grandson Ian to preschool. Our deep theological discussion centered around Star Wars. Ian loves to debate whether or not Darth Vader actually was Luke Skywalker’s father. I sometimes find his arguments unanswerable. He thinks way beyond me. He’s in a different zone.

This afternoon I have the honor of attending a signing ceremony at Rogersville High School. This will be my first time there. Drew Dunton, one of our accomplished high school seniors, is signing a letter of intent to attend Mid-America Nazarene College in Kansas City on a basketball scholarship. I had opportunity to watch him play this year. Impressive. Congratulations, Drew. I had hoped to earn a basketball scholarship, but someone told me I had to be good at basketball for that to happen. Bummer.

Tonight I will do one of my favorite things: speak on missions. I will be talking to MSU students at the BSU building. This is a repeat for me. I did it last month and enjoyed every nanosecond of it. Billy Grady is doing a great job there. Pray God will use me effectively. I will try to look young and blend in with the crowd.