Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pollen Explosion

Ruth is still sick. I read that the late cold weather this Spring, followed suddenly by warm weather, caused a pollen explosion. All types of plants and trees unloaded their pollen at the same time. This would help explain my problem, and maybe part of Ruth’s troubles too. Please keep praying. Thanks.

Greatness is hard to hide, especially when it’s encased in the person of Johnny Hunt. He is, hands down, the number one missions pastor in the Southern Baptist Convention. He and his choir did a wonderful job last night.

I have seven sermons to preach in the next five days. I feel I have four of the seven under control and prepared. Pray about the other three, please. Thanks.

Humor helps. The Massachusetts Highway Department is having to replace road signs because it has misspelled the name of a lake which has 45 letters in it. Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg. The state wrongly put “o” at letter 20 instead of “u” and put “h” at letter 36 where “n” ought to go. I’m glad they’re fixing this. We taxpayers deserve precise spellings. Last time I drove in Massachusetts this misspelling on the signs kept driving me nuts.