Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sinus Alert

My sinuses are telling me we need Summer to arrive soon. Maybe a hard freeze would help, or a pouring rain. Whatever will help, I need relief. This has possibly been the most difficult Spring I’ve had with allergies since moving to Springfield thirteen years ago. Yuk.

I’m ready to preach about Jesus in the morning. What kind of Jesus do you want? This will be the question of the hour. The many views about Christ in our culture were mirrored by sects Jesus encountered in His day. In the spiritual realm, there is nothing new under the sun. Pray the message will come through loud and clear.

My creative sermons team helped me pound on my Southern Baptist Convention annual sermon manuscript. It’s a better document due to them. Thanks, Team.

Humor helps. A Harvard Professor has developed inhalable chocolate, containing zero calories. The verdict isn’t in yet as to whether it’s real, a hoax, a sly artistic commentary, a vanity project, or simply the greatest food invention ever known to man. The dispenser looks like a blend of an asthma inhaler, a tube of lipstick, and a shotgun shell. If this is on the up and up, I have just made a new best friend.