Friday, April 24, 2009

Lightsaber

Grandson Caleb had his solo cello recital last night. He wasn’t worried at all. I was a nervous wreck. All my fears were in vain. Way to go, Caleb.

I’m curious. How do these music students memorize all those notes, plus remember the order in which the songs are going to be played? That’s almost as impressive as the music itself.

I found a new feature to use on my cell phone. I downloaded a program which lets it flash and at the same time play the Star Wars theme. It turns a cell phone into a miniature lightsaber. I thought Grandson Ian was going to throw his shoulder out of socket playing with it last night. Rebekah told me the first thing Ian mentioned this morning was Grandpa’s lightsaber. Life is good.

The youngest of my cousins is marrying tomorrow in St. Louis. I’m the fifth oldest grandchild. She’s number 36. Congratulations on your big day, Jenefer.

Yesterday I resigned from the Missouri Baptist Convention Peace Committee. Our last two Executive Board meetings have been peaceful and wonderful. I think the election of Dr. David Tolliver as our Executive Director is bringing us peace.