Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tony Bennett

Tony Bennett is no longer the only one who left his heart in San Francisco. A group of five from our church returned late last night from an exploratory trip to the city to begin plans for starting a church there with Ben Pilgreen. I fell in love with the foggy city.

I did not sense immoral oppression as fiercely as I thought I would. The city was clean, air was clear, weather was perfect. People were open, friendly, conversant. I found the Christians there to be right on target on how to best reach the city. We met with President Iorg of Golden Gate Seminary, plus church planting leaders from the California Baptist Convention and the San Francisco Baptist Association.

I have from the first fully realized how big a task it will be to start a church in San Francisco. For one thing, costs are extreme. For example, the parking charge at our hotel was $49 per night. There are other barriers, also, but I believe God has raised up Second for such an hour as this. We can do this. Therefore we must. Pray. More info later.