Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chocolate Chip Hour

Lilly Ruth and I spent my day off yesterday at the ultimate kids’ play-place, Bass Pro Shops. My heart melts every time I look at her. By the way, for your information, a chocolate chip cookie bought at Starbucks, if dispensed in small bites, will last one hour and 15 minutes. You might need that info someday.

Ruth and I are celebrating our monthiversary today. Life is good. We have now been married 458 months. Have at it, number-lovers.

Sam and I jumped on the trampoline last evening while Caleb brushed hairs off Jake and Millie. We are trying to find someway to preempt the snow storm we repeatedly experienced last year as the dogs shed their winter coats. All seemed to be going well until I laid on my back on the trampoline, looked up, and saw hairs floating over the roof of my house. I kid you not!! Over the top of the house. Oh no. I wonder who woke up this morning thinking that was frost in their yard.

I have a new idea for Jake and Millie. I heard of a place in Washington where you can board your dog, and someone will read to it while you are gone. Maybe I should read Ben Hur to them, and have them re-enact the chariot race by pulling me around the back yard in a red wagon. This has possibilities. Cameras, please.