Friday, May 22, 2009

Gunfire

In an effort to carry my weight (no small task), I fixed breakfast every day this week. The highlight of each meal was the homemade biscuits. By “homemade” I mean I opened the can myself, without help from anyone at the store. Every time I open a can, I jump when it pops. It’s quite funny. If I raised our kitchen window and opened several cans, the neighbors would think we were having a gun fight.

My daughter put on her blog a picture of me which I felt made me look old. Yes, it looked exactly like me, but with photoshop and other enhancing mechanisms, I felt she could maybe help me out a bit. I told her my concern. She did something to the picture and took ten years off me. I wonder if I could bathe in that stuff.

I’m preaching about Lincoln this Sunday morning. It’s a sermon highlighting his relationship with preachers. It will give us about 12 good practical lessons for life. It should be a fun and helpful message.

Humor helps. Classified ads. Nordic Track, $300, hardly used, call Chubby. Georgia peaches, California grown, 89 cents per pound. Wedding dress for sale, worn once by mistake, call Stephanie.