Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grandpa Disagreements

My grandson Ian received a special award last night at the Awana awards ceremony. He is precious. This assessment is accurate, whether I’m partial or not. Just because a grandpa is partial does not necessarily mean he’s wrong.

Speaking of grandparents, our Media Director, Randy Moore, is now a grandpa. He and I have gotten along so well through the years. I can not remember one time we have disagreed. But I see trouble looming on the horizon. What if he boldly proclaims his grandson is the most precious grandbaby of all time? I fear such a claim could have serious ramifications for our relationship.

Memorial Day is approaching. We will have a special tribute to veterans in our morning services. Thank you, Veterans, for making it possible for me to preach openly and freely without fear of recrimination.

Humor helps. Military assessments. His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity. She sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them. He has carried out all of his duties to his entire satisfaction. Since my last report, he has reached rock bottom and has started to dig.