Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fair Grove Graduation

Happy Mothers Day. This is always a holiday easy for me to celebrate. My mom blesses me every direction I turn. I’ve already called her. Make sure you do the same for your mom.

Ruth, Caleb, and I spent the last two days traveling to and from Oxford MS, 736 miles roundtrip. We attended my cousin Josh Hill’s graduation from Law School at Ole Miss. I told him I expect to never pay a lawyer’s fee again as long as I live.

Josh reports for duty August 10, and will go to Camp Pemberton, Quantico, and Rhode Island his first year as a Marine Corp lawyer. He has to learn all the ins and outs of military law. Before this, he has to pass the MS state bar exam the last week of July. Pray he will do well.

Our trip to MS was delayed for two hours by the terrible storm we had here Friday morning. Fair Grove school was severely damaged in the storm, leaving them without a place to hold their graduation ceremony next Sunday afternoon. We at Second are gladly dismissing our services next Sunday night, May 17, to let the good folks of Fair Grove enjoy their graduation here. They expect about 2000 to attend. I think they will have a good experience here at Second.