Sunday, May 3, 2009

Number 10 Tomorrow Night

I have preached eight times this week. Number nine will happen tonight. Am I exhausted? Maybe. Am I exhilarated? Absolutely. I’m speaking on missions tomorrow night at FBC Nixa and can hardly wait to preach my fire bucket sermon.

“Rain on Easter means rain the next seven Sundays.” I had never heard this old saying before, but one of our church members called it to my attention this morning and then added, “It rained on Easter, and has rained all four Sundays since.” Three more to go. We’ll see.

All this rain makes me think of two things. One, the 1000 trees we helped plant at the home for disabled adults. At this rate of rainfall, at least 999 of them will survive. Two, our Victory Garden. There’s no hint of drought on the three and a half acres of food we have planted for the poor.

Humor helps. PUNishment. She made whiskey, but he loved her still. A dog gave birth to puppies and was cited for littering (sorry Jake and Millie). Two silk worms had a race; they ended up in a tie. Two hats were on a hatrack; one said to the other, “You stay here; I’ll go on a head.”