Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dads and Daughters

Last night’s Dads and Daughters Banquet was meaningful for all 300 of us who came. It’s nice to have a date with my daughter. Rebekah and I are grateful to have our picture professionally taken of us together, all dressed up in our go-to-meetin’ clothes. Did I get teary-eyed several times? Yes. Am I deeply touched by the stories? Yes. Am I glad to be the dad of a wonderful daughter? You bet!!

Thanks to Bob Roberts and the army of people who helped make it happen. By the way, speaking of daughters, one song I refuse to listen to any more is “Butterfly Kisses.” Having my emotions pulverized into tiny pieces has become way too painful.

Ruth and I are going to try to slip away for about four hours of time alone this afternoon. I will drive her all over town to run errands. While she goes in a store, I will sit in the car and study. Heaven. She is intertwined with my heart.

Are you ready for church tomorrow? I love going to church. See you there.