Thursday, May 7, 2009

Salsa on Waffles

Had tacos for breakfast again. I was so excited about eating them that I had trouble concentrating on my prayer and Bible time. I tried to convince John and Caleb to put salsa on their waffles. Neither consented. Where did I go wrong? I thought I raised them better than that. An adventurous spirit is a wonderful thing.

I speak tonight at the MSU BSU for the third and final time this semester. I believe some of the students there will become career missionaries. Pray for our time together tonight. I want to be a catalyst for missions everywhere I go, especially with college students.

Jake and Millie have returned to the back deck. I assumed it was because Ruth didn’t have the heart to keep the gate closed. I was wrong. She told me this morning the reason they were on the deck is because Caleb and Sam have trouble remembering to close the gate behind them. It will be interesting to see how Ruth handles this mini-drama. New door. Scratching dogs. Forgetful grandchildren. I’ll keep you posted.

My cousin Josh Hill graduates from Ole Miss’ Law School this Saturday in Oxford MS. I’m proud of him. He will do the United States Marine Corp proud.