Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Successful Amnesia

Do you remember the song, “Memories–pressed between the pages of my mind”? I can relate to it, but for me memory is being crushed and pulverized.

I was headed to Silver Dollar City yesterday. I reached in my wallet to retrieve my seasons pass. It read 2008 seasons pass. I knew immediately what I had done. When I received my new seasons pass the other day I reached in my wallet to take out the old one. While holding the two in my hand, I read 2008 and decided to keep it since this is 2008. I pitched the other card without reading it closely. Well guess what. It’s not 2008. Fortunately, the folks at SDC are very forgiving.

This morning I put my watch in my shoe to make sure I didn’t forget to put it on before leaving for work. I knew my foot has a better memory than my brain. Sure enough, as I started to leave home, I couldn’t find my watch. What is wrong with my memory? I remember when it was strong. No, I’ve forgotten it was strong.

Humor helps. Brain cells come, brain cells go (especially memory ones), but fat cells live forever. Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of memory loss. If I remember correctly, Sampson slew the Philistines with the Axe of the Apostles.