Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wedding Shower

John and Amanda’s wedding shower was this morning. A huge number came. It does a dad’s heart good to see his children being blessed. Being your Pastor is the highest professional honor of my life. It’s been a good 13 years. Thanks.

I received my 2009 Silver Dollar City pass in the mail today. You are my witnesses. I threw away the 2008 pass (I’m looking at it right now in the recycling pile). I put the 2009 pass in my wallet (I just now double checked to make sure).

Tomorrow I will preach on Peter’s grand confession of faith. “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” The world is still reeling from that electric moment. Pray my sermon will at least make a stab at doing the text justice.

Humor helps. Lessons learned from Noah’s ark. Always be on time. Don’t miss the boat. Plan ahead; it wasn’t raining when Noah started building. Stay fit; even a senior adult can be asked by God to do something big. To be safe, travel in pairs. When stressed, float awhile. No matter the storm, if God be with us, a rainbow is always waiting.